Credit report under Reg Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

truegemini

I was hired on with a bank in October 2013, I am a personal banker and was already registered with NMLS and just had to transfer it to my new employer. The process was completed at the end of 2014. In March 2014 my employer told me that in order to complete my NMLS registry I had to submit to a credit report, I agreed but informed them that I was uncomfortable because I don't have good credit, they assured me it was just a compliance thing and that it just went in a file and that was it, I receive the report in the middle of March as did they. This week I receive an email from HR saying I needed to submit a letter of explanation for everything on the credit report. As I am researching I am understanding that the new law didn't require employers to go back and pull reports on employees hired prior to Jan 2014, I cant get a clear answer feel I may have been targeted because I was the newest in the office and one of the tellers was short 1,000.00, Do you now the requirements of pulling credit reports for bank employees under REG Z, and do I really need to explain each and every account to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back