Credit Rating Hiring Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraberUSA

Family of 6 trying to get out of debt after serious family illnesses being rejected by employers due to credit history. They have received rejection notices that clearly state poor credit histroy as the reason for not hiring them.
Frank Bertrand

Regarding this credit rating hiring discrimination, is there a law on this? Can employers do this? My husband is in the same situation. He was recommended for hire, passed the interview but failed on the security clearance it was a federal job? Do you know what does security clearance entails? Thank you.

Regarding this credit rating hiring discrimination, is there a law on this? Can employers do this? My husband is in the same situation. He was recommended for hire, passed the interview but failed on the security clearance it was a federal job? Do you know what does security clearance entails? Thank you.

A credit report may have some influence on whether you receive a security clearance, but it isn't determinative. There are many other factors.

They interview your relatives, school teachers, previous employers, even "ex" spouses, local police records are reviewed, national criminal checks, fingerprints are taken, and I've been told that today, they sometimes do DNA matching. Many things go into deciding to grant you a clearance.

Of course, no clearance, no job. Most of the time the gubmint won't provide full disclosure, either.

Why?

They don't have to, they is the gubmint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back