Credit Card Use

beckyss

Before my mother passed away she said I could use the credit card and I needed to after she died. I have kept the payments up until last month. I am not a month late. I have always used my name never used her's. But did say I was her when talked to them about charges that I did not do. What can they do to me? I plan on paying it off and I plan on keeping the payments up until it is paid off

Last edited:
Ditto. Grandma is not around to tell anyone you have permission to use her card, and nobody will ever believe you. Her permission ended when she died. Her accounts should have all been closed.

Before my mother passed away she said I could use the credit card and I needed to after she died. I have kept the payments up until last month. I am not a month late. I have always used my name never used her's. But did say I was her when talked to them about charges that I did not do. What can they do to me? I plan on paying it off and I plan on keeping the payments up until it is paid off

Rock Springs, huh?

Do you know my friend Matt Keslar, commander of the RSPD Patrol Division?
He was there when Chief Russell Hawk ran the department after the unfortunate incident with the undercover narcotics detective happened.
Ask a Rock Springs old timer about Det. Bider, if you don't already know the sad story.

Okay, enough of me and memory lane, seems I can't stop that as I get older.

Anyway, what does Wyoming law have to say about using a credit card belonging to a deceased person?

When a person dies, someone should notify the credit card company, and the account is SUPPOSED to be closed, as in FROZEN.

This article explains the next stpes:
Why You Should Die With A Lot Of Credit Card Debt
Which was inspired by this article:
What happens to credit card debt after death
What you've done may have initiated many new issues for you to traverse.
At some point a collections scavenger will become involved, and someone could start asking lots of questions.
These days when you use a credit card the store often has video of the event.

It might be time for you to call the company and report mother's death.

Back