Credit Card Fraud from brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinda_Wood

My mother and I operated a business together which had both our names on a credit card used for business. When my Mother became sick, my brother sent a forged Memorandum of Trust to Chase and took over the account. Chase added my brother's name and started sending the statements to him plus all previous statements. When I found out, I called Chase and told them the card was used for business and asked to take over the account as sole responsible party. They denied the request. It took fourteen months to reach court with my Mother's affairs and now I am her personal Guardian, with a bank as her Estate Guardian (my choice). I have sent the paperwork from the Certified Document Examiner to Chase proving forgorand also have reported to police which has now gone to the DA's office. Our business depends on good credit since we buy properties and not sure how to get this straightened out. Chase calls daily and weekends, etc.

It has cost over $40,000 in attorney fees protecting my Mother and our business but both my Mother's attorney and my attorney do not seem to want to handle finishing this and seem not to feel as important as I do. Do I just need to wait for the DA's office or can something else be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back