Credit card dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohinder

Jurisdiction
New York
I ordered airline tickets online, and only after paying for them, upon receiving my online confirmation , I noticed that it was not what I agreed to (in that, they added an additional stop to the trip).

I promptly called up the online company (from where I had purchased tickets) and asked for a refund. The rep. told me that they would charge me a cancellation fee. After some back and forth I requested that the charge be cancelled, both on the phone and via email.

I then called up my credit card company & tried to dispute the charge, but the charge had not been posted yet, so they said to call back only after the charge was on the bill. I asked the CC company rep. to annotate the incident.

Some of the charges are still in dispute, however one charge was upheld because the credit card company failed to address it. Meaning it was overlooked despite me addressing it.
What happened was, upon receiving the initial notice saying that i failed to address some charges, I called up the CC company, and after speaking to a disputes rep. i was told that they would apply the rebuttal / reply to all the charges. I even offered to make out separate emails ( basically i had to copy and paste everything 8 times , which i offered to do -- the CC dispute rep. said not to worry about it that she would make the reviewing body aware of this). They applied the email to all the other charges but one.

After recently seeing the charge on my bill, i inquired about it and the CC company says that i did not include it in a separate / individual email. I went forth and explained everything to them, they said that there is simply nothing that they could do at this point.

It's for roughly $600 is there anything that I can do ?

Maybe. You will have to review your contact and legal disclosures regarding the credit card and find out how and where you could take the matter to court and whether mediation is required.
Chances are that it will cost too much and be too inconvenient to pursue this further. The answers you need are in those documents that nobody reads.

I ordered airline tickets online, and only after paying for them, upon receiving my online confirmation , I noticed that it was not what I agreed to (in that, they added an additional stop to the trip).

It's incredibly difficult to believe that, between the time you selected the flight and the time you received your confirmation, the third-party reservation service "added an additional stop." Are you absolutely certain that you didn't mistakenly and unknowingly booked a flight that wasn't a non-stop flight?

Depends on the terms of your credit card issuer's dispute policy and the relevant facts (in particular, you didn't provide any sort of timeline for the events described in your post)..

Mightymoose is right:

The answers you need are in those documents that nobody reads.

What follows is the standard provision of a cardholder agreement. Note the emphasis on "in writing" and the use of a "mailing" address. Anything you did by phone and by email doesn't meet that requirement.

Worse, even if the CC company decides in your favor, the CC company is not a court of law and the decision is meaningless when the online ticket seller comes after you for the money, either with a lawsuit or a collection agency.

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back