Creating a scholarship and invitation to a festival

Jr29

Jurisdiction
Maine
Hello,

We were wondering how it would be possible to create a scholarship or some sort of a sponsorship program in order to invite an artist to come perform at our well-established summer music camp, without the artist requiring a work visa. Also, how long would the process take? We are located in the USA.

Thank you!

The artist we had in mind comes from Canada: we have never dealt with international invitations. It would take too long to fill and be approved the I-129 form required for a work visa. We have about a month to figure this out.

Hello,

We were wondering how it would be possible to create a scholarship or some sort of a sponsorship program in order to invite an artist to come perform at our well-established summer music camp, without the artist requiring a work visa. Also, how long would the process take? We are located in the USA.

Thank you!

The artist we had in mind comes from Canada: we have never dealt with international invitations. It would take too long to fill and be approved the I-129 form required for a work visa. We have about a month to figure this out.
That's easy - don't pay the artist.

EDIT: To be clear, I am suggesting that the artist be a volunteer, not a paid performer.

Hello,

Thank you

There is another issue that you may not realize. Depending on the the terms of this deal, you may end up with some federal and/or state tax issues that you would not encounter if the performer was a U.S. citizen.

Back