Create thread

C

Crystal pierce

Jurisdiction
Oregon
I bought a car from a man who barely spoke English. I was in desperate need of a car. I met the man from an employee of mine. He is not a licensed dealer. I took it for a quick spin and agreed verbally to pay 200 a month. He said he wanted 2000. After having the car a couple days I realized it was not worth what he was asking. He will not budge in price or compromise. We have never signed anything. I have possession of the car. I've put new tires all the way around and the exhaust manifold gasket has gone out since I've had it. When I bought the car he stated it was a reconstructed title, yet after a friend took it to a dealer I learned the milage has been tampered with and not the original milage. Im wondering if there is any way to get legal ownership (a title) without having to pay the verbal agreed amount. Or money back. With handing over the car.

Oral contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts.

You are stuck with the bargain you made.

If you want to quit paying and give the car back (since you apparently have no title to it) you're welcome to do that and take your chances that he doesn't sue you.

Any money you lose on this deal is your tuition for a life lesson from the school of hard knocks on how NOT to buy a car.

You are never THAT desperate for a car that you need to make a deal with a shady character. Now you know.

YOU should have had the car checked by a mechanic (at the very least) before agreeing to anything.

Back