Crazy ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmithusar

Ok my recent ex is claiming to be pregnat but after one negative and one positve home test and a negative test at the doctors she's getting a blood test done in two weeks. She's been all over the board about what she is going to do if she is. Finally she claims she is going to keep it if she is and that shes not going to list me as the father or be a part of the childs life or let me know if she is pregnat or not for sure. I want to do the right thing if she decides to keep it and I need to know what my legal options are here, because if I father a child I damn sure am going to be a part of its life....help please?

With regards to paternity, there isn't much you can do until the child is born.

BUT in the meantime, you CAN (and should!) register with the Wisconsin Putative Father registry. Please go here for more info:

http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/children/patintreg/index.htm

(In fact that's actually one of the best State "unwed father" sites in the country - it has links to other sources of information and is overall really quite marvelous!)

Please understand though that Mom has no legal obligation to even acknowledge your existence right now, let alone inform you of anything relating to her pregnancy (her business) and the birth of the child (her business until you file something in court).

Do you really want to have a nut job like this involved in your life for the next TWO decades?

Consult an attorney, and avoid ALL contact with this whacko, except through your attorney.

The first thing you might want to do, after consulting with an attorney is obtain a DNA test.

If you're the father, God is the only hope you have!!!

Ok my recent ex is claiming to be pregnat but after one negative and one positve home test and a negative test at the doctors she's getting a blood test done in two weeks. She's been all over the board about what she is going to do if she is. Finally she claims she is going to keep it if she is and that shes not going to list me as the father or be a part of the childs life or let me know if she is pregnat or not for sure. I want to do the right thing if she decides to keep it and I need to know what my legal options are here, because if I father a child I damn sure am going to be a part of its life....help please?

I agree with the above two posts. You need to avoid any and all contact untilsuch time (if at all) you are established as child's Father. I would also look into the punative Father registry mentioned previously as well. Until then everything else is just sitting back and waiting. Right now you dont even know if she is indeed pregnant. In the event she is pregnant and you are the Father you will need to learn to "co parent" your child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back