CPS and a new pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaClift

To Whom it May Concern;

I am a single mother and currently pregnant with my third child. My concern is that when this child is born I will have to deal with Child Protective Services again due to the fact that I had a case open before. My case closed in early 2008 and I have had custody of my youngest child from there on in. I am currently pregnant and this concerns me because I do not want anything to happen to my child.

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give me.

Cordially,

Mother in waiting

(NO PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR SAFETY & PROTECTION)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you speak with CPS. You can discuss this with a supervisor or manager.
You might also wish to speak with a social service agency or social worker.
Finally, you can always discuss this with a local attorney or three. The initial consultation is often offered free of charge.

To Whom it May Concern;

I am a single mother and currently pregnant with my third child. My concern is that when this child is born I will have to deal with Child Protective Services again due to the fact that I had a case open before. My case closed in early 2008 and I have had custody of my youngest child from there on in. I am currently pregnant and this concerns me because I do not want anything to happen to my child.

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give me.

Cordially,

Mother in waiting

(NO PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR SAFETY & PROTECTION)

If CPS didn't remove the child and you've legally had custody since then, it's highly unlikely that CPS will step in unless there is suspicion of drugs etc.

If your case was closed in 2008 & you have custody of your youngest child, what makes you believe CPS will step in & take your currently unborn child.

If your case was closed in 2008 & you have custody of your youngest child, what makes you believe CPS will step in & take your currently unborn child.

I think I can answer this one :)

Scare tactics. It's a nasty hobby, but some people enjoy making the parent fret and panic.

(Or, perhaps, "My friend said this...")

Agree but I thought possibly she might have a current specific reason for her concern such as you mentioned above -drugs for one example. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back