CoWorker Has Recorded Our Breakroom At A Nursing Home In PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard9232

I Work At A Nursing Home In Pa. I Want To Know If I Am Allowed To Be Recorded Without Out My Consent. Our Breakroom At Work Has Been Recorded By A Fellow Employee Who Is Claiming Our Floor Is A Hostile Work Environment. I Myself Don't See The Hostile Work Environment But Whatever. Regardless, There Has Been At Least 20 People That Were In The Breakroom At Various Times Of The Day Recorded Without Any Knowledge Of Anything. Is This Legal??? Nevertheless This Breakroom Is A Place That Medical Information About Patients Is Discussed On A Regular Basis. This Breakroom Is The Same Place That Morning Report Is Given About The Patients And Their Behaviors And Falls And Other Medical Information Such As Test Results And Falls That Have Occurred In The Past 24 Hour Period. Please Give Me Some Advice Because I'm Alittle Dumb Founded On What To Do.

Typically a break room would have only a limited expectation of privacy. However, there is a problem with recording audio - Pennsylvania is an "all party consent" state which requires the consent of all involved.

That aside, I get the feeling that your co-worker doesn't really understand what a hostile work environment is.

So, let your supervisor know what's going on and let them deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back