Covid? Student accomadation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy 1970

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
I need some advise please. My twins are due to start uni five hours away from home amd due to Covid have been given option to study online for the whole of the academic year. This would save them paying £750 a month each for a room! I am
Guarantor for them but the company have said we can not get out of the contract and are liable for the rent regardless unles we find tenants to take over. We have tried this to no avail . I am very concerned about the rise in Covid and am not happy about them going there to share accomadation kitchen with none others especially with the new rule of only 6? My question is if I walk away will they take me to court or will my twins also be black listed too?? We have all
Signed contract but there is nothing in contract about Covid

I need some advise please. My twins are due to start uni five hours away from home amd due to Covid have been given option to study online for the whole of the academic year. This would save them paying £750 a month each for a room! I am
Guarantor for them but the company have said we can not get out of the contract and are liable for the rent regardless unles we find tenants to take over. We have tried this to no avail . I am very concerned about the rise in Covid and am not happy about them going there to share accomadation kitchen with none others especially with the new rule of only 6? My question is if I walk away will they take me to court or will my twins also be black listed too?? We have all
Signed contract but there is nothing in contract about Covid
This is a US Law only site...there are UK sites you can google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back