Business Debt, Collections Court judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catbrooks

Hi,
I just wanted to know what my husband and I can do if we went to small claims court and the judge ruled in the favor of the plaintiff, stating that we have to pay $200 a month until the debt is paid off, however recently we have only been able to pay $100 a month and now the company is threatening to garnish $500 a month from my husbands check. Is there anything we can do? My husband agreed to the $200 a month under pressure thinking he had "no choice but to agree to the amount" and now with twins on the way and medical bills piling up we can not afford the $200. We are not refusing to pay and have tried to talk to them but the company is saying we have breached the court contract and need to agree to pay $300 a month for the next three months until we are back on track but again, we can't afford that much just yet. Is there anything we can do? Should we file for bankruptcy(his credit is almost perfect) how long do we have until we start seeing money coming out of his pay check? Please help, the babies are almost here and I'm freaking out.

Katherine
Amount due $1900

If your husband has good credit consider a personal loan to pay off the creditor. Monthly payments on a $2000 lan would be very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back