Other Debt Court Judgement from Eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamelaerogers58

The eviction is a scam. Knowing with the new Law after signing lease only later the Leasing officer redone the paper work. But she when to court after not wanting to take rent on 2 units rented by my daughter and myself. She did refuse the rent to cause additional late fees. Totaling over 7000 dollars. States falsely of the condition the unit was left in. I have never had the representation in leaving trash. I will say I might left a carryout load. Like a bag of spices with my insulin and a nonworking Nu Wave oven. Only before leaving court, I had the impression of leaving the unit . I did finish the month. and left as the last notice stated. Leave The Premises before noon. Or a constable will remove all occupancy and belongings. That's how I left the bag and Nu Wave.
Broken Lease and non payment of rent. It was discussed of a retaliation on the apartments since I retaliated with blg inspector for my daughter unit being burglarized when the office refused to repair outside lighting.
Since its less than 2 yrs.can I work on getting this Judgement removed. After all it was not the fact I did not pay rent. The office refused it to run me out. Renting/home buying has began to insist on the amount being settle. I moved out when time permitted. Court 15th out 1st. Maybe 3rd because that the day storage fees. are paid I have my things there since these Judgment cause non nutrient environment of living. I want a lie detective to clear me.

Judgments are never removed. You could have appealed, but that rarely works. Sorry, two years later, no way.​

There is no motion for new trial in an eviction proceeding.

Either party (with or without the requirement of "good reason") may appeal from a final judgment to the County Civil Courts at Law by filing a bond, making a cash deposit, or filing with the Justice Court a Sworn Statement of Inability to Pay. The appeal results in the file being packed up and sent to the County Civil Courts at Law courthouse where it will be heard de novo –e.g. as a new case. The appeal will be tried by the County Civil Courts at Law at any time after the expiration of eight (8) days after the transcript is filed with the County Court at Law. If there is a delay with the County Court setting the hearing on its own, a party may request that the matter be set to be heard on the court's trial docket.

If the defendant did not file a written answer in the Justice Court, the defendant must file a written answer in the County Civil Courts at Law within eight (8) days after the transcript is filed in the County Civil Courts at Law. Failure of the party to file a written answer in the County Civil Courts at Law will result in the entry of a judgment by default. If the Justice Court enters judgment for the landlord in a residential eviction case based on nonpayment of rent, the Justice Court shall determine the amount of rent to be paid each rental pay period during the pendency of the appeal and note that amount in the judgment.

An appeal is initiated by filing an Appeal Bond with the Justice of the Peace Court, within five (5) days after the judgment is signed. The bond is in favor of the adverse party, conditioned that the appeal will be diligently prosecuted, or the party appealing will pay all costs and damages which may be adjudged against that party. TEX. R. CIV. P. § 750 sets out a form for an Appeal Bond, the substantial compliance with which satisfies the requisites for appealing the judgment in an eviction proceeding. The Justice of the Peace sets the amount of the bond, and may take into consideration loss of rentals during the time of the appeal. See TEX. R. CIV. P. § 749.

In computing the period of time within which an appeal bond is to be filed, the day of the signing of the judgment is not included, but the last day of the period is included. For purposes of counting time limits for filing this appeal bond, Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays are counted. If the last day of the period is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the next day which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday becomes the last day of the period. See TEX. R. CIV. P. § 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back