Eviction Notice Court Eviction Notice Delivered, Tennent Not Out, Pass Due Rent Owed

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2007

1. After the court delivers a legal eviction notice giving the tennants 10 days to move out and they do not abide by the order, what is the next step?
-We were told that the Police would put them off the premisis and if so what happens to their stuff inside the house?
-Can we claim their stuff for retribution of non paid rent and damages to house?

2. Once tennent is out, how do I go about getting pass due rent owed? We have a court date for this, and the judge said it would be in our best interest to have a lawyer, but I have never had this issue before so am clueless.
-Do I really need a lawyer?
-What information should I bring to court if I do not have a lawyer?
-Can we get the tennants tax returns?
-Is it worth paying a lawyer for $8000.00 in non-payment from tennants?

Going to court on 22 Aug 12 and want to make sure we get some compensation back..

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Greg

1. After the court delivers a legal eviction notice giving the tennants 10 days to move out and they do not abide by the order, what is the next step? (Marshall's come and toss stuff out on street)
-We were told that the Police would put them off the premisis and if so what happens to their stuff inside the house?(Just answered)
-Can we claim their stuff for retribution of non paid rent and damages to house?(You need to check your local laws on abandoned property)

2. Once tennent is out, how do I go about getting pass due rent owed? We have a court date for this, and the judge said it would be in our best interest to have a lawyer, but I have never had this issue before so am clueless.
-What information should I bring to court if I do not have a lawyer? (A Lawyer would be helpful yes)
-Can we get the tennants tax returns? (Not without another court date and research of tenants assets)
-Is it worth paying a lawyer for $8000.00 in non-payment from tennants?(Your call)

Going to court on 22 Aug 12 and want to make sure we get some compensation back..

Winning an eviction and a judgement for funds does not guarantee you will ever see a cent

1. After the court delivers a legal eviction notice giving the tennants 10 days to move out and they do not abide by the order, what is the next step?
-We were told that the Police would put them off the premisis and if so what happens to their stuff inside the house?
- 1=Can we claim their stuff for retribution of non paid rent and damages to house?

No, it is their stuff, not yours.

That is your choice.

-What information should I bring to court if I do not have a lawyer?

Bring the lease, proof of what they paid, proof of what you've done to collect the rent, the notice to quit, and other relevant papers.
Google eviction in YOUR STATE and COUNTY.
It will ALL be revealed for you!

-Can we get the tennants tax returns?

NO

-Is it worth paying a lawyer for $8000.00 in non-payment from tennants?

Personal choice, spend your money anyway you wish.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Greg

You should consider it a blessing to get the bums out.
If they had money, they'd have paid you their rent.
In all likelihood, you'll never get a penny back from these bums!!!
But, you will have them gone.

WOW!!! Thanks for such a quick response to my questions. I will take your advise and seek counsel on this.

Your absolutely right... The BUMs will be out... OUTSTANDING.

Your first contact should be your county sheriff... they will likely handle this if they overstay the judge's order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back