Court date

K

Kris5987

Jurisdiction
Virginia
If you press charges for an assault on someone else and then don't show up for the court date, what happens to you?

Maybe nothing, and the case against your abuser gets dismissed and he's free to beat the crap out of you again.

Maybe you get served a subpoena and get compelled to testify or get held in contempt.

Maybe he gets convicted without your testimony. It's been known to happen.

So far, those are the only options that I can think of.

If you press charges for an assault on someone else and then don't show up for the court date, what happens to you?

I wouldn't recommend NOT showing up for court.

If you fail to show you subject yourself to negative legal consequences.

However, if you want to get the person off the hook who pounded the UNHOLY BEJESUS outta you, appear in court as directed, and when it comes time to testify you can suddenly suffer a brain freeze, or just fail to remember what happened because your brain was damaged such that you tend to FORGET THINGS.

Frankly, if I were you I'd tell the truth.

If Pierre pounded you so hard that you suffered seven broken teeth, four black eyes, six broken arms, and two cracked skulls, just tell it in open court to God, the jury, the judge, the prosecutor, his/her defense attorney, and the peanut gallery.

You'll be under oath and you'll swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but he truth, so help you God.

Spill your guts mate, its now or risk more consequences for yourself while the batterer gets away with IT again.

Back