County attorney's office messed up my address what happens in a situation like this.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseys2556

Ok here's the thing back in august i wrote a check that bounced to a gas station here where i live for $30. I hadn't took care of the check because honestly i hadn't had the extra money to do so yet. Today i get a letter in the mail that says i have a criminal summons so i call and they tell me what it's for and to call the county attorney if i have questions so i did. I never received a letter from the county attorneys office giving me the chance to pay off the check before a summons was issued and the reason for this was because when the lady read off my address it was way off from what my real address actually is. I know i did something wrong and i would have taken care of this check as soon as i got a notice from the county attorney's office but her words to me were "it's not my job to make sure the letter is delivered to you". But isn't her job to make sure the right address gets put on the letter in the first place. I have an appointment to talk to the county attorney on Friday. What do you think will happen in a situation like this? I know it's my fault for writing the check ? But aren't they at fault some what also for getting my address wrong on the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back