Counterfeit Goods Claim ... I am not doing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m2mike22

I have a small wholesale company and I have recently came across a wholesale company that sells me electronics. From everything I have been able to gather the products are real. I have opened them up and it is very sophisticated circuitry that matches up to one I have bought from the store. Also half of the product I buy have serial #'s that are able to be registered through the company and I have taken over 30 sets into this companies stores to see if maybe they think they are fake. I have never had and issue and I cannot even find anyone on the internet that has seen a counterfeit of this product. The products company is now claiming that I am counterfeiting these and that I need to stop. I feel that I am in the right and have pretty solid proof of it but I know its very expensive to defend this. I have some money to defend but not alot what is my best route to take this? I make to much money to give up this item!

Thanks in advance!!

It sounds like, if these are the authentic item, there is no counterfeiting. If they're not, you're not the person manufacturing them. Exactly what is the manufacturer alleging you are doing?

They are claiming I am manufacturing or selling counterfeit items.

I think they are just trying to strong arm me to try to figure out where I am getting them from. They also cant figure out how I am selling them cheaper then they are and still making a profit. I think the only way they can try to find out my source is by saying they are counterfeit. I called them again to today to register another one of the serial #'s on the item (to build some confidence) and I talked to a technician for 5 minutes, he said he has never heard of that product line being counterfeit because it is to sophisticated of a product. Also the items I am buying are used which is another reason why I do not believe they are counterfeit. Mind you this is a fortune 500 company who can afford to pay a lawyer to keep it going. I can only afford one for so long.

Any suggestions of how to try to help my situation without getting into a long litigation with them??

Last edited:
You say that half the product has serial #s that can be registered with the manufacturer. What about the other half?

The products are used so sometimes the serials fall off or they are worn so you cant read on the half that dont have them. I have been recording alot of my serials in the case that I might have to defend myself and I have never came accross the same serial in over 200 sets of these.

UPDATE: They are now claiming they have a pair and they have determinded that they are Counterfeit.

Should I get a third party to examine this for me??

Thanks for you help

I understand that if its too good to be true it normally is. But this is more of a good thing I have going on then anything. If I thought there was any real chance of these being counterfeit I would have given into to the initial cease and desist.

I have contacted a reputable electronics repair company and they said they would examine them for me. Is there any protocol that I should do so this could be used as evidence. I have a new pair that is factory sealed that I can give them but obviously if I do this I want to do it the right way and not waste my time.

Any help is greatly appreciated?

Note:
I am not trying to waste anyones time I am very very confident these are not counterfeit. Just looking for suggestions since I am dealing with a hostile Fortune 500 company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back