Could not afford defensive driving?!

Khadijah

Jurisdiction
Texas
I received a traffic ticket going 10% over the speed limit. At the time I could not afford to send in the money for defensive driving class, so instead I had to plead not guilty. The court told me that once I plead not guilty I will no longer have the option for defensive driving, but I completely would have chosen it if I could afford it at the time. What can I do?

I received a traffic ticket going 10% over the speed limit. At the time I could not afford to send in the money for defensive driving class, so instead I had to plead not guilty. The court told me that once I plead not guilty I will no longer have the option for defensive driving, but I completely would have chosen it if I could afford it at the time. What can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
What can you do? Now that you have pled not guilty you go to trial and raise a defense. If you lose, the fines will be the equivalent of the cost of the driving school, often more. You'll still have to find the money or be in even bigger trouble for not paying your fine.

Why did you post this twice?

Very annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back