Patent Corporate and Trade Secret Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

UD41390

I started a software company and contracted a company to develop a great deal of the program. Since that time, the company has taken a large amount of money and refuses to provide us with anything completed—thus leading me to believe that nothing was actually done. A contract termination was served in accordance with the terms of the original contract and the company is now threatening to sell my technology and software to a competitor unless we give them more money and continue to use them to develop the program. This company, and their employees, were all under an NDA and non-compete before beginning the work. I know now that the company is broke and is just trying to extort money from me. The processes in the software do have a provisional patent application submitted.

Is the threat of selling my trade secrets a form of corporate theft, or attempted corporate theft, and what steps can I take to ensure that they are stopped?

Thank you very much for your assistance and I apologize if this is submitted in the wrong forum area.

You need to consult and retain an attorney ASAP.

There is very little help we can offer you, except that you need an attorney.

That said, you'll need to convince a court to restrain or enjoin them from doing anything during the pendency of your projected litigation.

You also need to get that contract before an attorney.

Never sign a contract like that without getting your attorney to vet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back