Copy Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanMom

Hello. Hi I live in Joplin Missouri i Have opened up a Facebook business names Queen Elsa in Joplin. It is a business where I dress up as Elsa and sell my services as a princess to birthday parties and such... I have already booked 5 parties and my parties start at $75.00 minimum. My question is how much money do I have to make to then make it legally a business so that taxes may be deducted? Also, Can i get into trouble for naming it Queen Elsa? Am I breaking copy right laws??

You might want to ask tax questions of your state's income tax collection agency and/or the IRS.
I suggest you speak with a local attorney about any copyright issues you think might be in your future.
There is no protection by seeking FREE legal information.
We don't provide specific legal advice, and we don't offer you a client-attorney relationship.
We simply provide general legal insight.
Don't risk your business or your finances seeking FREE advice, after all, you're running a FOR PROFIT ENTERPRISE.
I wish you well.

I don't know much about the law but if you do an internet search for something like "using Disney character's name/likeness for profit" you will find lots of questions and answers about this. The answer I found that seemed to sum it up best was this: "Any commercial use of Disney owned or copyrighted work requires permission or license. Whether Disney would ever find out or care to complain is a different question. But technically, it is their property."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back