Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadpurcell

This is my first time posting on here and sorry if I dont have it in the right area but heres the situation. Ok so I'm a 19 year old guy and my girlfriend is 16 and turns 17, june 2 of this year. Pretty much her mom doesnt like me though she use to when I was 18 but went psycho when I turned 19. Her husband has left her and is in the process of divorcing her but for right now they are seperated. Ok so I've went to prom and I've went to the movies with my girlfriend Wendy with the permission of her dad. Wendy's dad gets custody of the kids every other weekend just to inform you on that. But I was wondering while he doesnt have custody of Wendy and when her mom does its still ok that I talk to Wendy whether it be in person, or email, or by phone correct as long as I'm not talking about drugs, sex, alcohol or about leaving or running away right, just normal conversation. Also her mom has followed me home both of those nights, the prom night and the movie night. I did not drive Wendy anywhere on prom night her dad drove her everywhere which was where the prom occurred and the after prom which was at funland. Now for the movie night i received permission to drive her to the movies and back to her house, that is all ok too right, as long as its when he has custody? But last night or the night of may 14th, 2008 which was yesterday technically her mom saw me with Wendy shopping at wal mart and we went into a mcdonalds that was located in the store and Wendy got a diet coke. Her mom saw me and immediately said get away from her and raised her hand and hit me in the right shoulder, it was more of a shove than anything else but I knew she was gonna hit me in someway or another because I felt threatened as she approached me. I was going to file charges of assault and the magistrate said I could but this would cause more problems for me and my girlfriend. But supposedly the cops were at my girlfriends house because her mom called them and supposedly they told her that just by talking to Wendy(my girlfriend) I could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor so my question mostly is, is that totally true or no? Because I thought as long as its normal conversation its not and as long as I'm not having sex with her or dealing her drugs or alcohol or doing those things in front of her im not doing anything wrong. Well sorry for this being so long and not having the best grammar skills but I thought id get some legal advice. Im going to talk to an attorney in the morning as well. But I live in the state of Virginia if that helps any also. Thanks in advance and once again apologies for grammar and length.

Let's see... both the magistrate and the police advised you that you could face some problems if you continue to see this girl against her mother's wishes. Why on earth won't you heed their advice?

According to Virginia statutes, contributing to the delinquency of a minor involves sexual activity. IF you have NEVER engaged in ANY sexual activity with the girl, then you may be okay. However, you seem to forget that this girl is a minor. Her mother has told you to stay away from her. That is her mother's right. THAT can cause you problems, as both the police and the magistrate advised.

Well no they didnt say anything was wrong with talking to her the magistrate didnt, but yes im going to avoid talking to her at the moment till i know for sure. Also when she turns 17 things change right a little bit correct? I mean i know shes still a minor but i was just curious. I know once she turns 18 everything is completely alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back