Contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiek

Someone please help! I need some information on the laws in Erwin, TN for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Here's what happened, My fiance was driving on a back road in Erwin, TN with a 16 year old friend, a car got behind them and was riding closley to the bumper of his truck so he pulled over to let them pass, instead of passing the vehicle pulled in behind them. It turned out this was a game warden and he was pulling my fiance over for expired tags on his truck but did not use his flashers. While he had him pulled over he found unopened alcholol containers with the seal still intact and charged him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor because it was with in reach of the minor. Is there anyway to get out of this charge due to the fact that the alcholol was not consumed or opened for that matter? Also they did a search of my fiance's pockets and found marajuana in his possesion. Can they search his pockets just for being pulled over for improper tag registration? One more thing, he was caught with a loaded firearm on government propery, what are the fines and sentencing for this? He was un aware he was on government property and that it was illegal to have a firearm there. They charged him with possesion of an illegal firearm but his firearm is registered and was bought from a reputable dealer. Was the firearm illegal? I know that this is a felony charge, is there mandatory jail time for this charge or is it left up to the judge's discretion? His court date is on Dec. 4th so could someone please respond quickly, we are trying to gather all the information we can before then because he cannot afford a lawyer and he will be getting a court appointed one but not until Dec 4th. PLEASE HELP! Thank you for your time and any help you can give me.

It sounds to me like you were overcharged; if you're still around, please share how this turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back