Contractor work not finished

M

M. Andrews

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I hired a contractor to perform 3 home Reno projects. We have a signed contract with a price and an estimated done date which was April 1st 2017. All but $100 has been paid to the contractor (with proof) only 1 one the jobs was completed minus the outdoor landscape that was supposed to be fixed after running an interior drainage pipe outside. A second job instal 6 glass block windows, windows are in but not sealed and most of them still with the wooden wedges sticking out with blue painters tape around the outside. We were also supposed to have seamless gutters hung and they never got done. We are a month and a half beyond our original to be done date. I want to know what my legal options are. I've tried to get him to refund money for the work not completed and although he agreed verbally to an amount I've been unsuccessful at getting our money back. I never dreamt I'd have to think about getting an attorney but here I am. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Report the little rip off artist to the state agency that oversees contractors.

Or, pay another LICENSED contractor to finish the work, and sue the conman for the extra amount paid in small claims court.

You can also report his actions to the police or sheriff.

Back