Consumer Law, Warranties Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex8111

My start-up website development company is making a deal with a mortgage company for website development & marketing.

My problem is that this is not the typical development deal - it's more like a partnership between the two companies and I have no idea how to make a contract for this. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer to write out this contract so any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are the main details of the deal:

1. We develop the site at no charge

2. We have full control of the site to market it online as we see fit – Meaning that their online activities are under our control. Not sure if this is even possible

3. We get 10% of the sale for each client that signed up online for the first 12 month and 15% thereafter. Both us and the mortgage company will know who signed up online.

4. We have to get a sales report to we know which clients were funded (this is my biggest concern – To have a clause saying that the mortgage company must provide us with a sales report)

5. They must pay us on a monthly or quarterly basis.

If this was a development only deal, I would have no issues, but since its more of a partnership (because we only make money when they do), I have no idea what type of contract I need to make.

The agreement should have all the technical development specs in it, but, the above 5 issues do to.

Thanks for your help.

If you do not want to hire a lawyer, then my suggestion is that you write the contract in clear, plain, and simple English with exact and detailed provisions of who does what and what happens if either side defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back