contract question

Status
Not open for further replies.

disgruntled11

first off thanks for any imput. i work in a work at will state and am salaried and have a contract that spells out my salary and job duties. i am being asked to accept a 1/3 pay cut and more hours. question is can they fire me even with the contract in place. and if i do not accept the pay cut should i be paid for my vacation accrued time. finally if i accept the paycut then decide to leave do i lose my right to unemployment. thanks again

If what you have is truly a contract, then only an attorney in your state who has read every word of the contract can answer your questions.

Not everyone who thinks they have a contract really does. So the first thing you need to do is establish whether what you have is a contract or an offer letter.

assume is contract

Thanks, I do assume is contract and for my purposes let's assume is contract. My question is, is it worth my time and trouble to hire attorney. Does a contract in place void the "right to work laws" of Arkansas in any form. Also if I accept this pay cut then decide in week or two was mistake do I lose any rights I may of had. Thanks

sure is contract

100% sure is contract. Guess now my main question is in Arkansas are they required to pay my accrued vacation time. THANKS

My info on Ar. notes re the payout of accrued vacation on termination: Payment depends on employer-employee contract.

I might add to the above if there is no contract, there is always the possibility of your employer having a policy (though policies can be changed) of paying accrued vac. at termination & you might still receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back