contract/property

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocolilli

A year ago a realtor came to my door with a couple who was interested in buying my property that was not for sale. After being very persistent and offering a price that was good later that week the couple wanted to include a contract with a promissory note of 20,000 to be held and for that they were going to make my "dream" come true. My husband passed and I mentioned I wanted to make it look like a park (42 acres). Knowing that they promised me the world even saying that if they defaulted I would receieve my 20G 15 days after quitting. Well they quit and I was to receive that money. How can they do that? The reason they gave was that they didn't realize that it would take too much time and money. They did some work which didn't help me at all. It got me into a lawsuit with another buyer of the property next to them, by the way when they found out that it was sold they told me in an angry way "not to sell any more property until you talk to us" They wanted to control their neighbors. The little work they did on that tract they want to charge me for and I just had to put out 8200 to do the job that they didn't. Two different excavators told me they created a mess that they had to fix. The real estate and the attorney (paid by them) reminded them that it was a BIG job and the response was "it's a piece of cake. They told me and the realtor when walking the property that it was "a labor of love".

What do I do to retrieve my money without spending all of it on a lawyer. On the note it does say that if the contract falls into the hands of an attorney that they will pay my legal fees. Is that true? I personally believe that they wanted to buy the property that was sold and that was when all things slowed, really slowed down as far as the work.

Will and can I get my money. I know I can foreclose but what can they sue me for. All I did was sign a great contract with a lot of pushing from the realtor. I rejected first and then was promised that nothing can happen and I was protected by the contract.:eek:

Thank you,

poco:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back