Consumer Law, Warranties Contract Between Record Company and Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzyGG

Contract Between Record Company and Artist,

To Whom It May Concern,
I hope that I have came to the right place for this advise.

My 19 year old and an Indie Record Company have a signed Contract lasting 1 year.
The contract states the company employ's my son and he is to render personal services for them on their behalf for the purpose of performing and recording and making records. (audio and or visual recordings)

My son is to get paid as to the CD and digital download sales. He is to receive a check of 50% on the 1 and the 15 of each month as to service's rendered.

There has been verbal conversations between my son, me and the producer where the producer has stated to me that my son could brake this contract at any time, and that he is not holding my son liable to the contract.

The producer/Owner of the Record Company, and my son Formed this company together, and my son is labeled as Executive Producer of the company, but there is no paper work stating this other then the CD booklet , and there has not been any tax forms filled out or signed by my son for his tax purposes.

The contract ends at the end of this year 2007 Dec. The producer has not helped in anyway to promote my son, nor take the Recorded CD's to distributors for sales.

My son for the term of this contract has used sponsors and personal money to travel out of town to promote himself, and any CD sales made went to the Company as stated in contract. The payments to my son are not given to him on the 1st and the 15 of each month, but when ever asked for money the company owner writes a check.

Now my son wants to brake the contract because he is not benefiting from the company and wants to pursue his career else where.

My question is, has the contract been violated by the company, and can my son brake this contract based on the actions of the company.

Thank You and God Bless

Yours Truly
JazzyGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back