Contract addendum

Ananya

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi
My case is complicated . I live in chicago. My realtor is in Florida and has no licence in chicago. He is a friend of mine. I was told that he could sell my house from Florida . He put my house in mls through a third person without my knowledge. I have no agreement with him. I dont even know him. My house is in Chicago. My realtor and I entered into a sell contract which was initially valid from March.to September. However in May we had an addendum added to the main contract stating that the listing agreement in July. We also revised the commission rate. I have 3 questions
1. In July after the expiration of the contract do I still need a realise letter from my realtor. Can I just send a letter to end the contract.
2. Does the initial contract of March to September hold any value after July expiration date.
3. Do I have any obligation to the third person who listed without my knowledge. And his name is no where in the contract I signed.
Would really appreciate advice as i have been taken for a ride.
Thankyou

First you say you have no agreement then you talk about an addendum to an agreement.

If you're asking if you can somehow get out of paying commission when your house sells I suggest you take your situation to an attorney and review your options.

Though if your friend actually did get your house sold for you, you might actually owe the commission.

First you say you have no agreement then you talk about an addendum to an agreement.

If you're asking if you can somehow get out of paying commission when your house sells I suggest you take your situation to an attorney and review your options.

Though if your friend actually did get your house sold for you, you might actually owe the commission.

I think i could not explain the matter correctly. I have no contract with the 3rd person who listed the property.
I have a contract with my friend who has not sold the property . He lives out of state. He has no license to sell the property in the state. I am talking about that contract and addendum.

I have no contract with the 3rd person who listed the property.

I think a court might rule otherwise. You authorized your friend to sell your house. It's customary to use the MLS. Without an IL license he could not access it himself so it would be reasonable for him to access the MLS through an IL agent.

Whether your obligation to anybody ends in July or September depends on the terms and conditions of any agreements you signed.

Your friend is not licensed in IL. He cannot do anything to market your house. In fact, I think it would be illegal for him to collect any commission for it. You would, however, have to pay the MLS listing agent or that agent could sue you and possibly hold up the sale of the house.

I really think you need to get a lawyer's opinion as to who you are obligated to.

I think a court might rule otherwise. You authorized your friend to sell your house. It's customary to use the MLS. Without an IL license he could not access it himself so it would be reasonable for him to access the MLS through an IL agent.

Whether your obligation to anybody ends in July or September depends on the terms and conditions of any agreements you signed.

Your friend is not licensed in IL. He cannot do anything to market your house. In fact, I think it would be illegal for him to collect any commission for it. You would, however, have to pay the MLS listing agent or that agent could sue you and possibly hold up the sale of the house.

I really think you need to get a lawyer's opinion as to who you are obligated to.
Thankyou for your valuable input. I have been mislead by my friend. I am waiting till july for this contract to end . As the addendum signed by us and my friend says so . Then will get some body local . I found out that in illnois you need to get local license from illinois to close deal . The third person i have no knowledge who he is . Or why he did the listing.

Your posts are really confusing. Are you saying you entered into a contract with a Florida realtor to sell property in Illinois? Why on Earth would you do that?

My realtor is in Florida and has no licence in chicago. He is a friend of mine. I was told that he could sell my house from Florida . He put my house in mls through a third person without my knowledge. I have no agreement with him. I dont even know him.

He's a friend of yours but you don't know him? Huh?

Also, if the property is in Florida, what difference does it make that the realtor isn't licensed in Illinois?

My realtor and I entered into a sell contract which was initially valid from March.to September. However in May we had an addendum added to the main contract stating that the listing agreement in July.

Stating that the listing agreement in July what? Also, I assume you're talking about March to September of 2019. Correct?

In July after the expiration of the contract do I still need a realise letter from my realtor. Can I just send a letter to end the contract.

I have no idea what a "realise letter" might be, and we obviously haven't read your contract, so we don't know what it says.

Does the initial contract of March to September hold any value after July expiration date.

Again, we've never read your contract.

Do I have any obligation to the third person who listed without my knowledge.

I can't see why you would, but there's no way for anyone here to conclusively rule out the possibility.

I have a contract with my friend who has not sold the property . He lives out of state. He has no license to sell the property in the state.

You said your friend is a realtor in Florida, so how does that equate to "no license to sell the property in the state"?

Back