Contempt of Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfish1

I have been held in contempt of court. My daughter was suppose to visit her father for Christmas the 21st through the 26th of December. The father was arrested on the 8th of October and the 24th of November on drug charges and concealed weapon charges. Apparentely on the 7th of December he went to court for the previous charges, where they arrested him, and wasn't released until the 18th of January. Petitions and motions were filed by his lawyer to enforce the visitation eventhough he was in jail. I did not send her due to his incarceration, along with the fact that he was arrested for drugs while he is suppose to be undergoing mental treatment. In court he looked sick, pale and has lost a lot of weight. I know that he has a drug problem and have tried to protect my daughter from that and his mental disorder with suppervised visits. Althought it seems that these suppervised visits have now given the grandmother rights to my daughter. I don't understand how a judge believes that it is in the best interest of a child to be taken to a jail for visitation. How can i go about appealing her decision ? If he decides to take me back to court for custody is it possible that this one event will cost me custody of my child? He is a danger to himself and everyone around him, i fear for my daughters safety even though i know the visits are suppervised.

You need a lawyer.

And hire one no later than November of 2007.

I am in the process of having my case reviewed by a local lawyer to see what can be done about this matter. I have to first see if the case can be moved to Texas from Florida. I know that my case is complicated, thank you for your time seniorjudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back