Assault & Battery Contact Assault advise please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackman5000

I will try to be concise:

I pull into the last parking space on the right side of street (the spot closest the intersection....ie I turn right and immediately park in the first spot parallel to the curb...my vehicle fit well with not enough room for another car behind me legally)...i am collecting my belongings while still inside my vehicle.....in my rear view I see a young lady in late model sedan make a hard right and try to fit in behind me. She cant make the turn sharp enough to end up parallel to the curb. She forcefully "slams" car into reverse and swings her front end towards curb, narrowly missing hitting my rear driver side with her passenger front side....she goes to far and goes way up on curb.....i can see she is upset in my rear view....she pulls forward and clunk...she bumps the back of my car......

i get out and look at my bumper and then her..... she looks at me from behind her drivers wheel and screams "pull up" and motions me forward with her arms....

normally, i would have said, "no biggie..no damage done (couple little scratches)...drive more carefully!" and it would of ended

unfortunately, she made me mad when she yelled at me to "pull forward" like its my fault

I shouldn't have but I said something along the lines of "you f'ing bitch!" and we proceed to yell at each other like children....(happened on my college campus...wow i feel dumb for letting this girl get to me but back to story....)

she gets out of the car and we are having little yelling match in each others face......i flick her baseball cap brim and it comes off her head....she starts saying im going to jail and that's assault...

I get freaked out by the whole ordeal and get in my car and leave with her yelling at me the whole time....that is as far as that went...

I go park down the street and go to class... i go outside and look at her car periodically (she pulled up into the legal spot once i left) to see if cops were there....i was going to tell my side of story....never see any cops or the girl...

Two days go by and I check the college police blotter....it indicates she called the police an hour and a half later (after her class i assume) and reported....it says "Assault by Conduct" and Offense report completed......i have not heard anymore about it...

what should i expect? will i get a ticket in mail (she took pic of my license plate)? i know its class c misdemeanor but don't want it on my record...
thanks for any advice...ill check back often

We don't know what will happen. I would just wait & see. If you are contacted by the police or get a ticket in the mail, I would not say anything but get a lawyer. Talk only to your lawyer. Plead not guilty. The lawyer will definitely help you with any charges.

You may get other replies so do check back.

a more specific question would be, do they have to come talk to me before putting a ticket in the mail? or can i be charged simply off this girls story (at least it looks like she told the truth that i didnt hit her)

You won't get a citation in the mail for this. If the police should ever show up asking questions resist the urge to explain yourself. You have no knowledge of any such incident and don't have time to talk with them. Without an incriminating statement from you this silly incident won't go anywhere.
If by some miracle you someday find yourself in court over this don't speak a word about it until you have an attorney.
If it truly went down as you describe I would bet there is zero effort being made to locate or identify you.

ok...that makes me feel better....i do realize how ridiculous this scenario is...thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion......i will avoid such events in the future...

I agree that it's not likely you would get any type of ticket (example traffic ticket) - I don't know why you would. It seems she bumped the back of your car but you didn't do anything & no police were called then & came. Re the rest - you may not even hear from the police but if you do, definitely get a lawyer & remain quiet except to talk to your lawyer. Good luck.

Ok....so I talked to a friend that is a cop elsewhere in the state....he said that in his district, if it's an incident report, not much else happens. But if it says offense report, they pursue it.....the thing on the college police blotter lists it as offense report completed. Any comments?

Sorry to keep going w it...just worried.
Thank you for your time.

How much time exactly has passed since this happened? You said two days after it happened you checked the college police blotter but I'm not sure just when it happened. About the only thing you can do if you are contacted by the police or find yourself in court, is follow the advice above. There is no way we can know for sure if you will or will not be.

The incident occurred Wednesday the 23rd at approx 730 am. The police blotter says the report was written at 901 am the same day. No other info

Ok, thanks. The only opinion I have is to just wait & see if you are contacted by the police. You haven't been so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back