Constructive Eviction Do To Threat of Bodily Harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelosfsu81

Hi everyone,
My girlfriend's house was broken into during a party by apprx. 10 people who beat and robbed the tenants and their friends of money, clothing, computers, and other electronice devices. Two suspects were caught but later released when the entire case was dropped (I still can't figure out why-suspects were ID'd). Keys to the house are missing, locks are broken and there are no protection bars on the windows.
Four college girls live there and the lease expires in six months. The house is in a seedy neighborhood with a high crime rate. The four girls are terrified of sleeping in the house and have been living at their boyfriends houses over the past week.
My question is: Is there any way of getting out of the lease aggreement, perhaps under a constructive eviction theory (Fear of another invasion and bodily harm being the factor which is in essence evicting them)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Zach

This is not the landlord's problem and the "girls" are taking the easy way out by staying with BFs....Tenants showed poor judgement in having the party with "unknowns" allowed to enter. They need to have the locks changes, get the police dept's community action officer over to show them how to PROTECT themselves and then live out their lease....they need to GROW UP sooner rather than later or they will continue to make bad choices.

Dear Cvillecpm

Cvillecpm said:
This is not the landlord's problem and the "girls" are taking the easy way out by staying with BFs....Tenants showed poor judgement in having the party with "unknowns" allowed to enter. They need to have the locks changes, get the police dept's community action officer over to show them how to PROTECT themselves and then live out their lease....they need to GROW UP sooner rather than later or they will continue to make bad choices.

Thanks for the help! Super! (My girlfriend's house was broken into).
By the way, the police don't have much of an interest in protecting people without money. The police responses to multiple 911 calls was slow as a snale. I guess they assumed that the fight was just a bunch of minorities beating eachother up. Anyways, when they did show up, people were inside being held up and beat up, yet the brave police officers waited outside! What protection! As a matter of fact, the police never entered the house! I'd guess that one of these thugs was either a cop or related to a cop based on the total lack of any investigation and prosecution. When the cops realized that the victims were white they responded by placing the blame on the girls for living in such non-white neighborhood. Shame on college students who are on a budget!!! The nerve!!! But wait, this gets even better. Whe one of the girls went to the Ingleside police station the cop told the girl that, "maybe if youlooked more like her" pointing at a half naked model in a magazine, "then maybe we would do something to help you." HAHAA.. police protection.

Dear Cvillecpm

Cvillecpm said:

Thanks for the help! Super! (My girlfriend's house was broken into-thought i'd repeat that for you because reading obviously isn't you strong point (I have a problem with speling).

By the way, the police don't have much of an interest in protecting people without money. The police responses to multiple 911 calls was slow as a snale. I guess they assumed that the fight was just a bunch of minorities beating eachother up. Anyways, when they did show up, people were inside being held up and beat up, yet the brave police officers waited outside! What protection! As a matter of fact, the police never entered the house! I'd guess that one of these thugs was either a cop or related to a cop based on the total lack of any investigation and prosecution. When the cops realized that the victims were white they responded by placing the blame on the girls for living in such non-white neighborhood. Shame on those college students who are on a budget!!! The nerve!!! But wait, this gets even better. Whe one of the girls went to the Ingleside police station the cop told the girl that, "maybe if you looked more like her" pointing at a half naked model in a magazine, "then maybe we would do something to help you." HAHAA.. police protection.
Oh yeah, and how is it that the girls are taking an easy way out by not sleeping in a house with comprimised locks? There are some bad people out there who I'm sure aren't happy that they had to spend the day in Jail that might be looking for retribution. It does happen, but maybe not in the world you live in. By the way, where do you live?
Sincerely,
Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back