Constantly Harassed at Work by NYPD Division of Schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodibofam

Greetings Everyone!

I come in to work each day and do my best to uplift everyone by saying good morning or how are you. Although I try my hardest not to step on anyones toes and remain respectful, I constantly am having run-in's with the NYPD School Safety Agents and Custodial Engineers, for reasons that are usually unknown to me. I am constantly yelled and screamed at, talked down to, embarrassed and harassed. I have written out formal complaints to the Principal and my direct supervisor to no avail. Parents, students and the public have witnessed this and have filed similar complaints to no avail. Their behavior will not change no matter what stance I take. They (NYPD/Custodial) threatened my job and personal livelihood, and they make me despise a job that I'd do for free if I had to. I am at my wits end and have a seizure disorder that is being exasperated by the stress of this. I don't know what to do, I just don't want to to hurt anyone.

PB

I believe the NYC schools have an ombudsman. Have you reported these incidents to that office?

Mayor Bloomberg's office also has an ombudsman. Why not report these incidents to that office, too?

I will try to reach out to the ombudsman; however, I do not officially work for the Department of Education. My work is done as a vendor of services for the school. I have an outside program which works under contract for the schools. I am also worried that if I go above my Principal's head that I will loose my contract. The Principal is very connected and has worked with the DOE for over 20 years. Every move I make he is aware of, and is not very friendly when it comes to filing complaints against the school and/or it's staff members.

How are these people harassing you? When you're yelled at, what is it about? What is your job?

I can not disclose my job title at this time as I fear that will give too much information. I am constantly yelled at about being hated, I am called stupid, ignorant, a pedophile, a nigger, a monkey in front of hundreds of students and staff members. I am yelled at about being there, just simply being there and told that I am in the way. My entire staff is being treated this way as well. I have been told by my supervisor that I look young and inexperienced, but both my and my colleague are above age 25 and have quite a bit of experienced in our field. We work extremely hard and have won national awards for our work, so this honestly baffles me.

One thing to add: I have never been arrested or accused of anything illegal in my life. However, I did take part in an investigation that led to a person being removed from their position.

Well, since you can't give any clues to why you're in the way, there's not much to go on. Try the NYCLU/ACLU.

If you are a vendor that works for the school then you maybe have a landlord in the space you operate? If you do not have a lease agreement and you are afraid that your services that are being performed will not be extended, perhaps the entity that approved your bid? My point is that there sounds like there is somebody in the chain of how you arrived at this location that should be able to help you.

Just an FYI - this thread is nearly a year old and was brought forward by a spammer, who has since been removed. I'm sure the situation has been resolved by now.

16ab43538aI would like to express my tnhaks to this writer just for bailing me out of this challenge. As a result of exploring throughout the online world and obtaining suggestions that were not productive, I was thinking my entire life was gone. Being alive without the approaches to the problems you have sorted out as a result of the guideline is a serious case, as well as the ones which might have in a negative way affected my career if I had not encountered the website. Your personal capability and kindness in taking care of every part was helpful. I don't know what I would've done if I had not come upon such a thing like this. I can at this point look forward to my future. Thanks a lot so much for the high quality and amazing guide. I won't hesitate to recommend the website to any individual who needs and wants direction on this topic. 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back