Consumer Law, Warranties Conned

Status
Not open for further replies.

panchodog

I signed a lease/purchase 3 years ago with American Capital Group to prochure a piece of machinery. The machine failed after I had it for about a year but I honored the agreement paying it off last month. The salesman told me that when the payments ended the buy back was a formality with a dollar buyout as the life of the machine was about 3 years. I just recieved a bill from American Capital Group for rent. According to the contract I had to notify them 120 days before the contract ended or rent the machine for another year. So according to them I have to rent a machine I do not have ($7200) and if I do not remember to notify them 120 days before the official date this will go on forever. #1. The salesman lied to me!
This lending group has several names.
1. American Capital Group
2.US Bank
3.Manifest Lending

I'm not sure I understand what happened. If you're renting a machine, wouldn't it be up to ACG to provide you with the machine or a suitable replacement? I'm not doubting the salesman may have lied to you but it doesn't make sense for them to charge you rent without also providing to you the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back