Other Criminal Charges & Offenses confused

nikki white

Jurisdiction
New York
Hi my name is nikki i have a question about a charge that i see on my friend record she is currently locked up on rikers island and i see it says charge ac 000.0 uz i was wondering what does that mean

It means nothing, it's just a placeholder is used by overworked Court Clerks and other office personnel.

The specific charges be updated when the DA officially charges the person, or the clerk gets around to correcting the record.

A person is arrested and held on the police charges in NYC, while the DA decides to add more charges or further investigates the person could be another explanation.

If sentencing is complete, sometimes the reports haven't been populated in the databases.

Thats why you see this placeholder (ac 000.00 uz) garbage!

Call the jail and inquire if you want to know more, or call a bail bonding agency, they'll tell you, too.

Calling Rikers will provide nothing but frustration. NYC DOC won't have any information about charges. By the way, Rikers Island isn't a jail - it's ten different jails.

"AC" is NYC Administrative Code. If the friend is on Rikers I can't even guess what the actual charge is. Prisoners are not held on Rikers pending arraignment so she must have seen a judge already. No one can guess what happened.

Back