Business Debt, Collections confused

jsrust

Hello, my name is (deleted), a few months back my son and I decided to try out a hapkido school, we signed no contracts, the only thing I can remember signing was a release form in case of injory, he did go over payments, but that's all I can remember, after a month we decided it wasn't for us and we quit going, now we are having a lawsuit filed against us for the sum of 4,165 dollars. Is this right? I have been in several martial arts schools in the past and even taught classes myself and I've never heard of anything like this.

Please do not post personal info - thanks. Betty3 (moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my name is (deleted), a few months back my son and I decided to try out a hapkido school, we signed no contracts, the only thing I can remember signing was a release form in case of injory, he did go over payments, but that's all I can remember, after a month we decided it wasn't for us and we quit going, now we are having a lawsuit filed against us for the sum of 4,165 dollars. Is this right? I have been in several martial arts schools in the past and even taught classes myself and I've never heard of anything like this.

All you can do is appear at the trial and make the plaintiff prove you signed a contract for $4,000.
You simply ask him to present the contract you signed.
If there's no signed contract, there is no debt.

You mention the owner "did go over payments".
That could be a problem, depending on what the plaintiff alleges was done when he went over "payments".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back