Confused getting Run Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon

On July 8th a relator came to my home and told us that the house we are renting has been foreclosed on. Our lease isn't up until 11/15/2010. I contacted our landlords and I just seem to get the run around with them. I am so confused, and I only have 6 days left to give the Fannie Mae foundation an answer, but I already paid this months rent and cannot afford to move. Landlords are saying that they are trying to get in touch with the Owner, their supposed partner but because he works all the time he hasn't returned their call. I have asked for our July rent and the deposit back and all I get is that they don't know what is going on. Can someone help me Please.

Your lease continues your possession until 11/15/2010. You do not have to move or vacate until the lease expires. The new owner buys the property (or forecloses on it) and must honor your leasehold.

If they want you out, they'll have to buy out your lease (if you wanna sell), or offer to pay your relocation expenses and pay you for the value if your lease (if you wanna take it).

Otherwise, nothing in your world changes until 11/15/2010, unless you want it to change sooner. It should only change if you wanna move and have someone put money in your pocket. Your leasehold has value. Don't give it up for free. Or, just ride out the storm until 11/15/2010. Whatever you choose is totally up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back