International Issue Confused Canadian In Guam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaF

Hi... I'm really hoping that someone can help me. Here is my situation.

I am a Canadian who recently married an American in October. We were married in Canada. He is in the US Navy and stationed in Guam, so in December I moved to Guam to be with him.

I did not come over here on a visa or anything. I pretty much just bought a one way ticket and used my passport.No one questioned this at all or mentioned that I should have had a visa. Now I am trying to fill out the paperwork for applications of adjustment of status, relative petition, etc. So here are my problems:

1.) Am I here "illegally" and can only remain in Guam for a period of 90 days?
2.) If I am in fact here illegally, and I file all the paperwork anyway, what will happen? Will it be rejected?Will they deport me becuase Im not here on a visa?
3.) If I am in fact deported after sending in the paperwork, what happens when I try to apply again? And will I have to pay that fee again? We already had to take out a loan to cover the $1 400 cost.

I am trying to figure out if it is safe for me to actually submit all this paperwork while I am here, or if I am going to be forced to go back to Canada. And to make matters even worse, my husband is deployed right now so he is unable to help. Also, if I have to go back to Canada, we may lose our housing on base.

Sorry if I was unclear- I'm so confused by all this and really stressed out. I really hope someone has some advice for me.Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back