conflict of interest

verazu917

Jurisdiction
California
My ex had a baby that came out on drugs and the dcfs did a ''emergency response'' for the safety of the baby and saw that my kids were there and asked if they were Carlos' also and they were than interviewed without my knowledge and im guessing dad did not give them consent either. No one ever tried to get in contact with me. My child who was scared to tell me because he was given strict orders not to let me find out, asked to please not tell. So for his safety I waited a week and then called dcfs and asked about the case and was directed to a supervisor because he informed me that NancyTrejo, the emergency response unit was for emergency response only and that the she only does emergencies and than hands the case to a social worker was no longer on the case but that Mrs. Leticia Prieto was the one that was now handeling it, which also was an all to familiar name. I know her from a previous case. not to mention she is a good friend of my ex mother n law. Well the supervisor began to give me details but I stopped him and stated that I could have been a complete stranger and why doesn't he confirm the identity of the person first and i asked if I could walk in instead. He told me to make an appointment. Instead I walked in. I was told that the worker was not there and than talked to a lady that made arrangements to speak to me the following day at 9:30 am. I got there and waited for her to call me but she never did I had to call her and she said she thought i would not make it. Than proceeded to ask me what was my concern and why did I want to know what was going on. She stated the kids are healthy and doing fine. She asked me where have i been and I told her that i have always been here but that they try to hide me or keep me away as much as they can and that i was in the process of removing the two younger ones as soon as school ended which was in 2-3 weeks at that time. She all of a sudden was interested and told me to prove that i was the legal custodian. I asked her what was going on with the case and she told me that she was not there originally for the welfare of my children but was there for the new born, which does not make sense because she told me she was emergency unit and that she handled emergencys only and than passed the case on. I was than curious as to why she immediately made a call to rosa and told her that she should go and file for custody right away because Carlos was unfit and chose drugs over his kids and decided to move out of the garage and unstead to live with the caretaker of the new born baby he is not suppose to be around. on top of that He is having my 16 year old son drive him between the two houses he is not suppose to be at. And he has not ever paid rent nor supported my children financially for the past 3 years and has been recieving cash aid and foodstamps without anyones knowledge. I know that his cousin Christina Torres works at dpss and is probably the one that made all the documentation for his case to be approved without alll the proper documentation and he fraudulently was receiving aid for them all this time and the only way for no one to find out would be by keeping me away. He has successfully manipulated my children and turned them against me for his own gain and has run out of options but the only thing that will keep him supporting his drug addiction now is going to be his parents gain off the children. Not to mention that they bribe and use children to discipline eachother and have the older ones bathing and doing the duties of the caretaker and being punished if not. They are not allowed to talk to me, they are allowed to curse me out and call me names, laugh and point fingers at me in court and behind the backs of others. They are punished when they spend time with me. They are told that if they even mention me or cry for me that they will not receive a gift. They are rewarded not to spend time with me and abused other wise. We went to court for mediation or an interview and he was talking to my two younger more affected ones and as soon as they walked out right behind his back they mocked and laughed at me and said hahaha .....I felt helpless. My ex called me and told me ' DONT FUCK WITH MY MOM BITCH I WILL END YOU MOTHER FUCKER END YOU BITCH AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR KIDS...I have been to my mother n laws and have had my ex tell the kids to go inside the house, than proceed to pick me up and physically throw me in the garage and get on top of me and tell me come on bitch you act like we dont have kids together i just want to feel that wet ------ '' I told him to stop and let me go and than he would say ,'' if i were you i would act like i wanted to see them a little more than you are , you understand me!'' and i would fight my way out of a scuffle and he would just get pissed and tell me get the fuck out bitch and now you are gonna have to call and see if they want to see you next time....I am sick of being punked by him and his family. My kids are fucked up, they need counseling, one is being expelled had 5 fights at school and had several run ins with the school staff and has no regard for what harm he causes others, all of them are abusive both verbally and physically. I left them with the intentions of them being in a stable and secure enviroment but i see how it is not in any way shape or form for the best interests of the child if the child is obviously not allowed to have a relationship with their mother and when i see that the best interest of the child are not being met. The grandparents have been harboring a criminal for too long. They have obviously had their sons back to fullest, they have paid for him to be housed when he was on the run for murder as a teen and then again when he stabbed me in 2010 and that time he had a restraining order on him from an incident involving his than teenage sister Stephanie Obeso on another one of his violent outbursts. Even in the police report the officer notated that the suspect has an active retraining order on him at the residence that he contacted and talked to Mrs. Obeso and mentioned that said yes he was there and he was ok..I understand that a mother will protect her son and that is why when I got educated on the different types of healthy and unhealthy relationships and how to raise children I felt that I was and ready to take on my role and if anyones loves their child they will not just give up and if you are not educated on how to deal with kids and what to and what not do than why are you even trying to take the tiltle. They use my kids as their secretary and they make them accompany other kids as if they have no voice. They have always , even when i had my own place with the kids claimed my kids on taxes. They would go over to my apartment and ask me if it would be ok to claim my kids on taxes and they would pay me. I never knew much about taxes back than and thought nothing of it and agreed. My ex was getting aid for all of them and did not mention it to them nor did they mention it on their taxes. I believe that they are only asking for gaurdianship for financial reasons. They were told they could get 10,400 for each kid at the tax season if they were gaurdians of my kids. The other day my 11 year old wanted to go with me and was getting beat and i could hear my child getting hit and with each hit say why just cause i want to spend time with my mom....what even sicker is that my mother n law was having my older sons be the dicsipliners. I was so scared.I called 911 and than i realized i made a huge mistake.. the officer were not helping and I had to go home only imagining what he was going through all night...I hated myself for it , i kept replaying his screams in my head. How do you think it feels when you fail to protect your child, how do you think my child is going to feel? helpless and unprotected. I was not only devastated but I could not believe that I believed that I was putting my child in safety to find out i put them in harm. how are they supposed to think when they were brainwashed to believe that i did not care but the truth was i did not know. They were under strict order not to let me know anything. Now they hired a lawyer and she is on her way to interview me. she hired councel by my ex's parents and I am afraid to let her in. even the probate officer said it was awkward because he usually recomends if counsel is needed but that had already done it without even going through him. I am worried now is this a set up? she not even a family lawyer she does bankruptcy and financial matters... please help and she is asking to speak to my six year old alone. the only one out of the 4 that stayed with her. what should i do

I just read the last part. It's way too long.

All I can suggest is you don't let anybody into your house unless it's the police with a warrant.

Meantime, hire your own attorney before you let anybody talk to your or your kids.

If you believe you've been raped, beaten, or otherwise physically harmed call the police to report the activity.

If you believe crimes are being committed against any child, contact the police.

Until this gets sorted, you shouldn't visit the home where your children are being housed.

Good grief, what a mess!!!

If you believe you've been raped, beaten, or otherwise physically harmed call the police to report the activity.

If you believe crimes are being committed against any child, contact the police.

Until this gets sorted, you shouldn't visit the home where your children are being housed.

Good grief, what a mess!!!

How did you even get through it all? I couldn't do it.

How did you even get through it all? I couldn't do it.

When I try, I'm often able to understand.
In this case, it took me three complete readings to know enough to comment.
I taught myself to read when the document is upside on someone's desk years ago, too. LOL
That little skill has served me well over the years, too.

Back