Other Immigration Law Confidential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahdickinson

Is this forum confidential? What I mean is do the INS and other government agencies monitor this board and use the information against people when they apply for residency/citizenship? Is anyone who moderates this forum affialiated in any of these groups? Are IP addresses monitored?

If I post a question here, it won't come back to haunt me later, will it?

Thank you

Sarah

Originally posted by sarah_dickinson
Is this forum confidential? What I mean is do the INS and other government agencies monitor this board and use the information against people when they apply for residency/citizenship? Is anyone who moderates this forum affialiated in any of these groups? Are IP addresses monitored?

If I post a question here, it won't come back to haunt me later, will it?

Thank you

Sarah

Sarah - Our employees are not affiliated with the government. We do not monitor addresses and match them with individuals nor do we care to. I haven't seen any problem like you mention here since the web site opened almost ten years ago.

While there is no such things 'confidential' if it is on the web, I don't know how you could be positively identified unless you gave us your posted your full information -- and even then I have never heard of any problem here. You would probably do best anywhere by using a nickname as your screen name.

We will not provide private information voluntarily, server logs, etc. without a subpoena and may challenge those we would find unjustified, overbroad and would invade our right to operate. I was counsel at a very large web site and I could count the times on my hands that we had actual requests and even less the number of subpoenas.

I have yet to hear about someone posting a question here and having a problem later with regard to what was posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back