Condo in a fire lane zone - cul de sac

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcranmer

My condo sits along the entire length of a fire lane. The fire lane is actually a cul de sac, and in an L shape. I am the owner and have lived there for over 4 years now. I have repeated and ongoing violations of this area, even though it is painted red, with Fire Lane printed on the curbs, and NO Parking Any Time Fire lanes with arrows in each direction, meaning the length and width of the fire lane area which is the entire fire lane area. I have trucks of various sizes, vans, SUVs, cars, etc. that pull in and out, make deliveries, want to park there because they are doing work, on and on and on, forcing me to have interactions and dealing with the intrusion or else have extra noise, exhaust, and basic over lack of privacy and enjoyment in the same capacity as everyone else. Frequently workers will even bicker about being in there because they don't want to walk 20 feet or temporary be in front of a carport adn then have to move the truck to an appropriate parking area. It is convenient for them, but a total violation of the quiet enjoyment of my home. It can be like living in a storefront on a city corner. Only my unit out of the entire complex has a fire lane parallel to the unit let alone an entire cul de sac. It has caused great stress and anxiety as I never know what is going to be there or when. The complex does not have security. Board members live on premises but really don't want to enforce while living there. I've even had board members argue about towing. And basically it is stressful just to hunt a board member down to see if they will tow. It is not a remedy; a determent maybe, but not a remedy. The Management company's principal, who also sits on the board, is located well over 100 miles away. They enforce after that area and my home space have been violated. Obviously a unit was placed along a fire lane with the intention of being a fire lane and not parallel parking or stopping. Small claims court the individual violators would be costly and possibly dangerous and would not remedy the use of this area. If I were to sue, it would be in Superior Court against the Association for lack of sufficent enforcement. I've asked them recently to partially chain off this area to keep people out or some sort of barrier allowing for fire access only. I've not heard back yet. My question is, is there a legal way to walk away from my home because it is too stressful and let the mortgage company battle it out? I was thinking it could be a property insurance violation on their part--not sure if that would do the trick. But, I truly can't stand the stress after all this time and lack of fundamental peace and enjoyment of my home on an ongoing basis.

Q: My question is, is there a legal way to walk away from my home because it is too stressful and let the mortgage company battle it out?

A: No.

Q: My question is, is there a legal way to walk away from my home because it is too stressful and let the mortgage company battle it out?

A: No.

R: Mortgage and condo payments? Only someone "niggardly" would think them free, and a Ben Franklin They Definitely Not Be! (PI/Breach of Contract.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back