Consumer Law, Warranties Concrete Contractor did defective work

meowrenn

On September 19, 2014 we hired a company to lay concrete around our pool including the cantilever coping. 7 months later, we noticed the concrete around the edge of the pool is spalling. The slightest touch or rub causes the concrete to crumble into the pool. We did everything we were told to do to care for the concrete, we never used salt or any type of de-icing chemicals. I've had some contractors tell me that it cannot be repaired, some say that it can but the color of the concrete won't match and some tell me that they believe too much water or sand was added to the mixture. There is a 1 year warranty on the work performed, however, I cannot get the original contractor over to do anything with it. He stopped returning my phone calls and text messages. I filed a civil suit against him and am wondering what is the judge going to want to hear from me to help prove my case?
Thanks so much.

On September 19, 2014 we hired a company to lay concrete around our pool including the cantilever coping. 7 months later, we noticed the concrete around the edge of the pool is spalling. The slightest touch or rub causes the concrete to crumble into the pool. We did everything we were told to do to care for the concrete, we never used salt or any type of de-icing chemicals. I've had some contractors tell me that it cannot be repaired, some say that it can but the color of the concrete won't match and some tell me that they believe too much water or sand was added to the mixture. There is a 1 year warranty on the work performed, however, I cannot get the original contractor over to do anything with it. He stopped returning my phone calls and text messages. I filed a civil suit against him and am wondering what is the judge going to want to hear from me to help prove my case?
Thanks so much.

Generally, you need more than your opinion.
You could obtain a written report from an engineer, another concrete mason, someone respected in the trade.
Pictures and videos of the area often help your case.
Any contracts, written proof, and paid receipts are also useful.

Back