Concerns

G

Girl S

Jurisdiction
Texas
Well the apartment complex where I live have locked me out of my apartment for nonpayment of rent. They have delivered one 3 day notice to vacate or pay. No eviction has been filed. It is well past the 3 days and I am not planning on leaving until I am summoned to court. They have sent a police officer to harass me and to make me leave for not paying and this is the same officer who works on the property as a security officer. They entered illegally and locked all my windows to make sure I didn't gain access to the apartment since they put on the lock. I have someone who babysits my children at my home from morning to night and they told my guest that they had to leave the property because I haven't paid rent. What can I do?

Well the apartment complex where I live have locked me out of my apartment for nonpayment of rent. They have delivered one 3 day notice to vacate or pay. No eviction has been filed. It is well past the 3 days and I am not planning on leaving until I am summoned to court. They have sent a police officer to harass me and to make me leave for not paying and this is the same officer who works on the property as a security officer. They entered illegally and locked all my windows to make sure I didn't gain access to the apartment since they put on the lock. I have someone who babysits my children at my home from morning to night and they told my guest that they had to leave the property because I haven't paid rent. What can I do?

Not much YOU can do, but a lawyer you hire can probably get this sorted. What you describe is illegal.

Thank you. I am looking into it.

Do you have a lease, properly executed, signed by both parties, and in your name?

Are you a month to month tenant, without a lease, occupying the premises legally pursuant to Texas state law as a month to month tenant?

Back