Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Computer Seizure

Status
Not open for further replies.

virioid

Recently I had a narcotics team in michigan bust into my house. I had given my buddy a half ounce of pot. That he had got caught with. They broke in with a search warrent and tore my whole house apart. During this search they had found nothing except a bag of seeds containing no pot. They had searched my computer and found that I had a growing/informational website on maijuina for this they had seized my computer. I was arressed then released. I asked how would get my computer back and they told me that I had to pay, $250.00 Just to take them to court and the officer informed me that I would gurentee a loss. Does any one know of any action I could take to get this computer back? It's a brand new computer, they took the 21 inch monitor along with it. Its very valuable a total of over $2,500.00 Dollars in hardware? Any help would be greatly apperciated. Thanks! :( :confused: Also, during this whole situation I was never read my rights or was informed of what I was being charged with at any time. They never gave me any information about court or anything at all or even tried contacting me.

While I'm not sure of laws, I can't see the reasons for seizing your computer equipment, if they had a warrant to search for drugs.

I wouldn't think it possible to hide drugs, IN your IE settings, so I see know reason, with the info you have provided, that they should have even LOOKED AT your pc.

Just my opinion of course, I'd hate to confuse or make this into a laughing matter, it's very serious to you.

Good Luck, please keep us informed as to what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back