Completing the form AOC-E-506 grandmother (2015) and grandfather's (2017) estates - annual account

HAS86

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I have some questions about the form. I have payments for storage, legal fees, accountants, flights/hotels/car rentals (to handle estate), cleaning supplies (for property), utilities/insurance/property taxes(all of which I am not sure I was even allowed to pay, but not sure where payment should have come from and what to do about it now). I am not sure where these go on the form. Also, I still have stocks to cash in that aren't sold (as well as dividend checks that are being deposited), we are selling the house and another piece of property as well (not sure if it is willed to the estate). To add another wrench in the whole thing I am settling my grandmother's estate as well who predeceased my grandfather and should have already been closed out by my grandfather (who wasn't able to complete the probate). I have already transferred the stocks of hers into my grandfather's estate name, but now have had to open an estate account in my grandmother's name to cash her checks from unclaimed funds and prior stock dividends. I have everything notated in an excel sheet with a description, but I am not sure if they will like the form not filled in completely. Also, I have an IRA listed on the inventory that I am still not sure will go the Estate. It should, but the bank is saying it will go to the surviving children. I am not sure where to list it as of right now.

Attachments

• e506-2-en.pdf
    278.7 KB · Views: 0
I am not sure where to list it as of right now.

You need to HIRE an estate attorney to assist you, or perhaps handle all of this on your behalf.

You can pay for the attorney's fees out of the estate.

Administering an estate as an executor is far too complex for most people, especially if real estate is involved.

In your situation, your relative died in the midst of settling a spouse's estate.

Trust me, this isn't something a layperson should be trying to do.

Ask around, or visit local attorneys and hire one before the end of the week.

Back