Complaint letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

Good afternoon. I am jsut starting the process fo collecting a debt rhough the courts in the sum of $9915. I know how small claims works, however, there is no form for this amount. I've already sent this person a Debt Agreement letter that she refused to sign as well as shown her, dates and amounts owed. Is there any where where I can find a sample complaint letter that si to be served in order for me to obtain a court date?

Chris

Use the small claims form but instead of using the term "small claims" use the name of the court where you will file the lawsuit: district court, circuit court, whatever.

so far

On that note, this is what I have thus far. Would this be sufficient or should I leave out the 2nd paragraph?

Name
Address

Dear (name),

I am writing to officially inform you of my intent to seek judicial findings to collect monies that you owe in the sum of $9,915.00 plus any court costs and lawyer fees. This amount stems from the terms of Borrower's tenant at will contract and other borrowings in the course of 2 1/2 years beginning May of 2003 and ending October 2005.

I have tried numerous times to work on a payment plan as well as demonstrate where the monies are owed from (please see attached Debt repayment agreement as well as a spreadsheet showing dates of borrowed monies as well as monies owed due to rent and cell phone.

I would say:

You owe me [amount of money]. Here's a spreadsheet showing when and how much you borrowed from me.

I want that money by [date] or I am going to sue you.

similar letter

I have alread sent something similar about 6 weeks ago but not sure if I could send it as a complaint letter again -

THIS DEBT REPAYMENT AGREEMENT is made effective December 01, 2006, by and between Chon-Ti Alexander ("Borrower") and Christopher Carter ("Lender") and is based upon the following facts and circumstances.
1. Borrower is indebted to Lender in the principal amount of $10,411.00 under the terms of Borrower's tenant at will contract and other borrowings in the course of 2 1/2 years beginning May of 2003 and ending October 2005.
2. Borrower and Lender desire to satisfy the indebtedness in full by monthly payment of no less than $400/mo or $100/wk in cash, cashier's check or money order, until such time as the full amount is paid off.
Borrower and Lender agree as follows:
1. Payments will be made due on the 15th of each month, starting December 2006
2. If a payment is to be missed at least 2 weeks notice must be given. If one is not given then one must be given at the request of the Lender. If one is not given and the Borrower cannot be reached within 7 days after payment is due, then this agreement will be in breach and legal action through the court will ensue.

By "complaint letter" do you mean what you file with the court?

hmmm

I guess so. From what I was told by the district court, I need to serve the defendant with a complaint letter. And once that is done, I then submit the letter and accompanying documents thta were sent and then they will send out a notice to the defendant and muself as to when our court date is.

I guess so. From what I was told by the district court, I need to serve the defendant with a complaint letter. And once that is done, I then submit the letter and accompanying documents thta were sent and then they will send out a notice to the defendant and muself as to when our court date is.

Use the small claims form but instead of using the term "small claims" use the name of the court where you will file the lawsuit: district court, circuit court, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back