Company Refusing to Pay for Time Spent on Call, Threating to Send Poli

injunbilly1

I was working for a company in Georgia, I live in Alabama. They have layed us off or dismissed us from the project. Know, not only are they refusing to pay us for time ,they had us on call and unable to take work elsewhere, but now they are threatening to send the cops to my house because I haven't returned a laptop they were letting me use.

On call time rarely needs to be paid. If you feel you are an exception, file a claim with the DOL. If you have company property, you need to return it. Yes, they can file a report of theft with the police if you do not.

As you've been told on TWO other forums, you need to send the laptop back.

I was working for a company in Georgia, I live in Alabama. They have layed us off or dismissed us from the project. Know, not only are they refusing to pay us for time ,they had us on call and unable to take work elsewhere, but now they are threatening to send the cops to my house because I haven't returned a laptop they were letting me use.

Why on earth would you think you can keep property on loan to you while you were employed?

Return the laptop, immediately, or make arrangements to reimburse the company if you no longer possess the laptop.

You're also destroying (perhaps you have already DESTROYED) any credible reference you may have once earned.

Face it, resistance isn't futile, its foolish!

You need to return the laptop. It is not yours. It's not clear if you are owed any wages for being on call - generally you are not. (would need more details)

Back