Company Human Resources Director violated company policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmylittle

Company policy provides for a grievance procedure for all topics except "Company Policy and Evaluations". I attempted to grieve my work schedule and was told by my supervisor that the Human Resources Director said that schedules are not grievable. The company employee manual articulates two specific non-grievable topics. As such I believe that by default all other topics are grievable. I do not believe the director has the authority to make additional prohibitions of his on accord. What do you say?

Company policy provides for a grievance procedure for all topics except "Company Policy and Evaluations". I attempted to grieve my work schedule and was told by my supervisor that the Human Resources Director said that schedules are not grievable. The company employee manual articulates two specific non-grievable topics. As such I believe that by default all other topics are grievable. I do not believe the director has the authority to make additional prohibitions of his on accord. What do you say?

I say, for what its worth, the HR Director is correct.

I also say that if you push this, a pink slip could be in your future.

You are stepping out on to some very thin ice! :yes:

I'm just saying! :dunno: :no:

Unless you are a member of a union with a CBA that specifically says otherwise, or you have a legally binding and enforceable contract likewise (and most employee manuals are NOT contracts) there is no inherent "right to grieve" unless the company grants it. If they say it's not grievable, then it's not. Their call. The law does not take a position on the matter.

The director has the authority to make additional prohibitions if the company says she does, or if they choose not to override her. This is also not a matter on which the law has chosen to take a stand.

As previously mentioned the policy manual is a guideline, not a contract. If you don't like your schedule, you are free to seek other employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back