Consumer Law, Warranties Company did not hold up on their end of the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

e30bavarian

I work for a staffing agency. The agency contracts nurses out to hospitals for 3 months at a time. Im a "travel nurse." So the contract reads "eligible for "name of company here" group insurance. On their website they claim insurance starts on day one of starting the job. When I faxed in the application for health insurance I immediately called and confirmed that they received the fax. One week after starting my job I called and asked about the insurance card and they said It sometimes takes up to two weeks. After two and a half weeks I emailed them and they confirmed that I have insurance. Two days later they emailed me and told me to fax in the application again.

The insurance was supposed to start March 10th and was not started until April 1st. The company put the blame on me stating that they did not get the fax. I have proof I faxed it to them. I confirmed they received it. Also twice they confirmed that my health insurance was active when in fact it was not.

In my view they broke their end of the contract and will not even offer a simple apology, in fact are blaming this on a possible mistake that the fax didnt go through, and blaming an old employee. They said that there would not be any remibursement. I thought an extension of health insurance for when the insurance runs up for the time missed would be reasonable, but they disagreed.

Should they be accountable for braking their end of the contract? They have many penalties for me braking my end of the contract. How can it be only one way? I see this as poor and unfair business.

I would greatly appreciate any insight.
Andrew

What is the dollar amount of your actual and direct damages?

I did not have an emergency that required immediate care therefore I did not need the actual insurance coverage emergently. Im just going by the fact that the company did not hold up to their end of the contract and tried to cover themselves by not being honest about my coverage.

I could find out how much it would be to get health insurance for 3 weeks. Im not looking for money, its the principle that this company is withdholding the health insurance and telling me that I am covered when in fact I am not. This is wrong for them to do this, it is in the contract.

Is it legal to break a contract like this?

I did answer that question. What does it have to do with the legality of this company breaking their end of the contract and lying about it?

I did answer that question. What does it have to do with the legality of this company breaking their end of the contract and lying about it?

No damages, no case.

Its not illegal to break the contract? Im not trying to make a case to go to court. I can't undertand how a company can legally do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back