Commission Merchant

henry k

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Ok so I am trying to start a commission merchant company where I am a middle man with a private label pen manufacturer and small businesses where I establish the manufacturer clients..... Now I spoke with the company and they are happy with this but there is nothing in writing preventing them from back dooring the clients I land them. Is there some kind of simple agreement in existence for this type of thing similar to consignment agreement?

Ok so I am trying to start a commission merchant company where I am a middle man with a private label pen manufacturer and small businesses where I establish the manufacturer clients..... Now I spoke with the company and they are happy with this but there is nothing in writing preventing them from back dooring the clients I land them. Is there some kind of simple agreement in existence for this type of thing similar to consignment agreement?

You and the other party can agree to what each of you will do for the other in writing.

Yes, it a simple agreement known as a contract.

However, thousands of parties break contracts daily.

Will yours be any different?

There's nothing that can protect you from being SCAMMED except avoiding the scammer.

Is there some kind of simple agreement in existence for this type of thing similar to consignment agreement?

Sure. It's a contract awarding you an exclusive territory for the sale of the manufacturer's products.

Ask the manufacturer if he would do that. If he's willing he probably already has contract templates.

If he's not willing, then that should be a big red flag warning you that you won't be protected and there won't be anything you can do about it if you rep his products on commission. (Had that happen to me many years ago.)

The alternative is for you to buy and stock the manufacturer's product for resale at a mark-up. That way you keep your customers to yourself.

Back