Commission based job

M73071047

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Located in IL. Sales job. I am a Manager at the business and right now I have one employee under me. Used to have 7 but they all left due to the GM. He has been accused and involved in having an affair with one of my old employees in the past. Now I've found out the last existing employee I have is getting paid about 20k more than me by being allowed to keep sales deals and I have to bend an arm and a leg to keep any. He dictates who keeps what commissions. There's been rumors of them having an affair for the last two years and the trend of her keeping deals has been for the past two years. His only reasoning when i ask why i cant keep more deals is because she works more OT than me but i have kids and i already put in 48 hrs a week. My question : is it illegal that I have more seniority (Manager title), been at the company for 7 years she's been there 6, have more job responsibilities than she does yet she's making more money than me? Do I have a case? I can not prove he is sleeping with her or having any type of affair

The law does not give one hoot who is making more money than whom. There is absolutely no law anywhere in the US that says someone working for you cannot make more money than you do, or that wages have to be based on seniority.

Back